Your flight is booked. Your itinerary is set. It won’t be long now before you’re stretched out on a chair on the beach, a summer read in one hand, a cold drink in the other! There’s only one more obstacle between you and the perfect vacation: you still have to pack!
We all stress about packing for vacation. You never know exactly what you’ll need, so you end up packing way too much. And, of course, once you get there you realize that you forgot something after all.
Relax. Take a deep breath. There’s no reason to get all anxious about something that should be pretty simple. Here’s a few tips to keep the packing phase as easy and stress-free as possible.
- Make a good list. Start with the basics – toiletries, underwear, swimsuit, sunglasses, pajamas – and then you can start picking out your individual outfits. (If you need a little help, check out this awesome list I pinned on Pinterest.)
- Keep it simple. When you’re picking out your clothes, it’s best to stick to one color scheme so that you can mix and match outfits and not have to pack as many shoes, which can take up a lot of space in your suitcase. (If you’re having trouble choosing what to bring, OutfitPosts.com has a great guide for 16 pieces – 40 outfits.)
- Roll with it. Roll your clothes instead of folding them. Not only will it save you space, it will help prevent wrinkles, too. After all, who wants to iron on vacation?
- Listen to Mama. She always said to make sure you had on clean underwear. So be sure to bring an extra pair or two. You can save even more space by stuffing them inside your shoes.
- Leave the Levi’s at home. Jeans take up a ton of space in a suitcase. Just pack your favorite pair and leave the rest behind. You’re on vacation; no one will notice if you wear them more than once. (Here’s a great visual guide on how to pack a suitcase.)
The most important tip of all, of course, is to just have fun with it—you’re going on vacation! For some affordable yet chic vacation looks, stop in to Split Personality Consignment today.