Summer fashion can be summed up in three little words: fun, fun, fun! Whether you’re headed to the beach, a backyard barbeque, or a night out with friends, summertime is when you can really show off your unique style in a comfy, casual way.
That said, just like any other season, there are your basic dos and don’ts when it comes to summer fashion. Here are just a few things to keep in mind over the next few months.
- Sundresses and sandals – After slogging through a brutal winter where you had to put on a hundred layers just to keep from freezing to death, it’s so nice to just throw on a cute and comfortable dress with your favorite pair of sandals. And don’t forget to accessorize with a killer bracelet or necklace, just for that added touch of wow!
- Maximize the Maxis – What’s more comfortable and stylish than a silky soft maxi dress! Choose a bold color or something with a great pattern to really max out this summer staple. Add a ultra-cute top like chambray tie-front to complement the look, and you’re sure to be the talk of your next summertime gathering.
- Show Off Those Wedges – We all know how much you love shoes (who doesn’t?), especially ones with a killer heel. Unfortunately, those heels really can be a killer on your feet. Wedges, on the other hand, are much more kind to your tooties and they come in any number of colors and styles to fit your personality.
- Flip-Flops in the Office – Sure, they may be cute and comfortable, but not everyone needs to see your feet. Just don’t do it.
- Wear White Unless It’s Really White – White can be a white-hot look in the summertime. Unfortunately, over time, white fabrics can become stained or yellowed. If you’re favorite white shorts are looking more like eggshell, it may be time to invest in a new pair.
- Show Off Your Straps – Summer can be a challenging time when it comes to hiding those pesky bra straps, especially when it comes to backless or strapless looks. Invest in a good strapless bra for the warmer months when you know you’ll be showing a little more skin.
For more hot summer fashion tips like this, follow us on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/splitconsign.